streda 25. februára 2015

Visual Poem

Hello, everyone!

 Today, I'd like to show you my first project created for Mixed Media Place.
I was inspired by a poem that I truly love - "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe.
It can be interpreted in so many ways, I decided to express it on a mixed media canvas.




I chose a 20x60 cm. canvas and I primed it with a couple of layers of Heavy White Gesso.
When it dried, I spread some Platinum Crackle Texture Paste using a palette knife and I let it dry.




I sprayed some areas of my canvas with a mist that I made mixing Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls with water.
I used my finger to apply Irridescent Gold Silk paint to get some nice shine.



Then, it was time for stamping - I used one of the stamps from 7 Dots StudioDestination Unknown set and some of my old alphabet stamps to make the title.

To add a little bit of texture, I applied Modeling Paste through a triangles stencil.

I printed the ravens and the dove in low resolution to make the pixels more visible - yes, it's not a mistake, I did it on purpose. :)
I decorated their wings with silver and gold embossing powder.


My final touch was splashing the whole piece with three colors of Ecoline - black,white and pastel violet.


I hope you like my mixed media "poem". :)




7 komentárov: